Wednesday 21 September 2011

Trip to Model Rail Live at Barrow Hill – Part 3

Well the sun has come out again so its out into the viewing areas, to have a look at the Steam Engines "Tornado" and "Mayflower".


It was very confusing at first has the last time I seen "Tornado" at Cardiff Central and Newport she was Apple Green,  so mixed them up at first.  Even though there was a great viewing area and both locomotives were in full steam you were very up close and personal, not good from a photographers point of view but awesome to be standing close to two magnificent locomotives all the same. Mayflower looked like it was brand new amazing worksmanship to get it back to that condition, and many many man hours no doubt, and lots of money. 

1606 "Mayflower"

I had a perfect spot for photographing the "Tornado" has it passed with the coaches, the whistle sounded, could see the cloud of steam rise and, I should have guessed people came running from everywhere and pushed and shoved their way in, and the crew jumped off the Mayflower to watch and I was well and truly blocked.  But patience and perseverance I eventually got the shot, not wonderful but good enough.

60163 "Tornado"

On the rear was a 0-6-0 Saddle Tank I think, correct me if im wrong No, 2000.


Another steam engine I found tucked away was this small 0-4-0 which is being rebuilt I presume, no information on it, that reminds me take a book and pen in future.


And the last shot of this part is a bit of a model railway detailing shot I guess but I kinda liked it.

To Be Continued Part 4 coming shortly.

Large Photographs from the event can be seen at my Railway Photograph web site Action Rail UK





No comments:

Post a Comment